Do you have an innovative drone-based solution that could tackle agricultural and rural challenges?
If so, the 2nd PUSH Open Call is for you!
The ICAERUS project has launched the 2nd PUSH Open Call drone innovators. The call went live at 12pm CET, February 2, 2024 and will close on May 7, 2024. Funding will be provided to support 3 innovative ideas as a mechanism for harvesting ideas and datasets from the ecosystem.
ICAERUS aims to showcase and support the effective, efficient and safe deployment of drones, as well as identify the risks and added values associated with their use. The PUSH Open Calls for Innovation Development will award 3 successful third-parties with up to 60,000 € to implement projects aiming to deliver and exploit drone related data sets for assessing technological and non-technical hypotheses. The following types of applications/solutions (but not limited to) have the potential to be funded:
- Innovative ideas that leverage drone technology and data sets to address real-world problems and create value for society
- Drone hardware and software development: developing new hardware and software solutions to increase drone performance
- Data analysis and processing: developing new algorithms and techniques to process and analyse the data collected by drones
- Drone-based services: developing new services that use drone technology, such as aerial photography, surveying, and inspection services
- Drone-based applications: developing new applications for drones, e.g., environmental monitoring, precision agriculture, disaster relief
- Standards and regulations: developing new standards and regulations for the safe and responsible use of drone technology
Who can apply ?
ICAERUS is looking for researchers and technology providers (e.g., drone manufacturers, start-ups and SMEs exploiting innovative drone services and technologies, AI and IoT companies, research institutes), who are registered legal entities in eligible Horizon Europe countries. This includes Member States of the European Union, their outermost regions, and Overseas Countries and Territories linked to an EU Member as well as nationals of Horizon Europe associated countries [the full list HERE].
Timeline and Guidelines
Application period: February 2, 2024 – May 7, 2024 (17:00 CET).
Successful applicants will be notified in July 2024. Sub-projects implementation will be divided into three phases: Design, Development and Market, lasting a total of 12 months, beginning September 1, 2024 and ending August 31, 2025.
To apply, you simply register on the Open Call Hub! You can access all the Necessary Documents at the end of this post. Evaluation will be conducted by independent evaluators who will assess the concept and feasibility, technology readiness and innovation development, Impact and exploitation, as well as organisational capacity and allocation of resources.
English is the official language for ICAERUS Open Calls. Applications submitted in any other language will not be evaluated. English is also the only official language throughout the whole execution of the ICAERUS project. This means all requested contributions must be submitted in English to be eligible.
Key Facts and Figures
Instrument: Horizon Europe- Financial support to third parties
- 2nd PUSH Open Call budget: 180,000 €
- Funding for each third party: up to 60,000 €
- Duration of each Sub-project: 12 months